Saturday, December 8, 2007

Winter's On the Way?

If the news reports are true, winter might be on the way to North Texas. I have just one question: What happened to fall? It seems that we've barely had time to enjoy the beautiful fall leaves (in 80 degree temps). Ahh, Texas weather. Gotta love it. I think weather forecasters have predicted cold and rainy for the next few days. Not so fond of cold and rainy. However, I am looking forward to wearing a scarf and coat. Didn't I mention several months ago that it was almost scarf weather? And yet we wait...

During the waiting, here are some of my favorite pics from last winter -- January '07 to be exact -- when we had a little snowfall.

Love those rosy cheeks!

This huge icicle was hanging on the corner of our house.
The girls had fun watching it shatter on the concrete.

Brrr...ice covered rose bushes.
This makes me think of the biting cold wind that was blowing.

This pic just looks depressing for some reason.

Love this perfect little snowball, made by Katherine.

Pretty Kaki.

Into every life a little snow must fall...hopefully.

No comments: