Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Found Out!

OK...so I'm getting really old and slow or I just don't care anymore. I don't know. I cannot have Christmas secrets. I have been found out by Katherine. I knew it was too much to hope for that I could be gone Christmas shopping all day after church on Sunday until Sunday night. And, try to sneak into the house with OBVIOUS items from a certain store. What was I thinking? And, I have been peppered with questions about where I was on Sunday, why can't they know, blah, blah, blah,....

The mistake came in the form of the laundry room. "NO ONE will possibly go in the laundry room to wash clothes on Monday, right?" I said to myself. "I'll just hide these candles (with obvious labels on them) underneath stuff on the dryer." Uh, yeah, HUGE mistake. That, combined with the fun new apron I just HAD to get out and wear while we made cookies... "Where did you get that apron?" Aaagggghhhhh...what was I thinking????? CLEARLY, I WASN'T!

So, while Christmas isn't "ruined" because she doesn't know ALL, I'm frustrated with myself, to say the least. I just would have preferred all to be revealed on December 25 instead of December 18. She knows, she just doesn't KNOW. Did that make sense?

You know, having smart kids can be both a blessing and a curse. Especially when they're smarter than you are. Heavy sigh...

I think I'll go bite the head off a gingerbread man.


5 comments:

Barb said...

You know, you shouldn't take your frustration out on the gingerbread men. That's not very Christian of you. =) And while this is a disappointing development in the whole Christmas plan, it's not as bad as what I was thinking when you said you had a "sad post." I was getting ready to mourn for Bubbles or Philip Johnny Bob or "someone" else.

Anonymous said...

I was thinkig that trip was going to be practically impossible to completely hide. But,what do you do?

Paige said...

Susie has stuff hidden at my house, so feel free if you need to do the same and thus try to "save" Christmas. =)

Ian said...

it's sort of a Christmas tradition to try and see if you can find out what your parents got you. My parents get sneaky with the big stuff and keep it ... somewhere. Katie and I have never figured it out. It's not in the guest room where they keep the small stuff for others... so the only POSSIBLE place could be the attic. I think that might be it. Who knows but them, though? Maybe they keep it at someone else's house.

They've gotten a new strategy this year, though! It's called, "don't do shopping until 4 days until Christmas". There's not enough time to snoop around!

Genny said...

Sorry, Barb. Too late for the gingerbread man.

Melissa, you're so right.

Thanks, Paige. Barb is storing stuff.

Tanner, I agree with your parents' methods, but I don't recommend waiting. Too stressful. Mr. Jeff, however, is your typical Christmas Eve Shopping Guy. (And loves it.)