Friday, December 21, 2007

Cookie Decorating Party

The Holmes' First Annual Cookie Decorating Party was held tonight. I think it was a great success. The girls invited several friends. We had a quick meal of corn dogs and tater tots and then let the decorating begin.

Essentials for decorating: several colors of icing, lots of colored sugar and sprinkles, M&M's (for decorating and eating) and several dozen freshly baked sugar and gingerbread cookies. (I know the pic of the cookies is sideways, but I could not get it to go vertical.)










It took only a short time for everyone's creative juices to kick in. We had several self-portrait gingerbread girls, and some very interesting Star Wars characters, including Darth Mal's equally evil twin.

Sarah and Katherine, Star Wars creators

Abigail and a very nicely done Christmas tree

Hannah gets the award for most cookies decorated.

Rebecca and Amanda teaming up on design ideas.

Abigail, Rebecca, Patricia and Amanda
with their favorite cookies

Katherine, Hannah, Sarah and Christina
show off their favorites

A very fun, relaxing evening. Love doing stuff like this during the holidays. Wish we would slow down more during the year and have our friends over more often.

3 comments:

Barb said...

Looks like great fun. Wish I could have joined in instead of sitting at the airport waiting for my plane (which was late and didn't get in to Atlanta till after 11:00). Eat the head off a gingerbread man for me, will ya?

Anonymous said...

whoa!check out that funness!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Fun! Wish I'd been there too. I've mostly been in bed feeling awful for days now. Thought it might help the sickness situation, but doesn't seem to be doing a thing for me.