Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas Day

Merry Christmas, Everyone! The day started early in the Holmes' house -- 5:58 a.m. I remember that time specifically because Abigail had promised to let us sleep until 6:00 a.m. I'm pretty sure I had just fallen asleep when I hear, "Merry Christmas. Time to get up!" Roll over... look at the clock... can't be time... yep, 5:58 a.m. Ugh. I guess I should be thankful because she had been awake since 5:20 a.m. It's always fun to see and feel the excitement as everyone wants to know what Santa brought them. I think Katherine could have slept in, but she was a good sport and woke up when asked.

After gifts, stockings and Santa were all completed we had quite a pile of wrapping paper, boxes, ribbon, etc. Everyone was very happy with their gifts. We had been finished with gifts for awhile and Abigail said, "It's only 7:30?!?" Yeah. We just kinda snacked for breakfast and I started on lunch, which was well received by all, especially the green bean casserole. (Funny how this is the only time of year I make that and we all really love it. Well, except for Rebecca.) Best part of the day came after lunch when the girls all went upstairs to play with their various games and gadgets. Jeff took the rocker and I got the couch and we both took a nice, long winter's nap.

Once again, everyone just ate whatever they wanted for dinner. I had ham, chex mix and pumpkin pie. Doesn't sound so good when you write it out like that. We played Jeff's new game, Dicecapades, for almost 2 hours! It was so fun. I have a few pics of the day to share (taken with my new camera) and will post them when I get a chance.

3 comments:

Barb said...

Sounds like a fun day. How did Katherine like her desk? Was Rebecca excited about her ipod? I look forward to seeing pictures from your new camera.

Paige said...

I got a new camera too! Sounds like you had a good time.

Paige said...

I just saw your comment on mine, so to answer your questions: it would be nice to learn something about my camera, so it's on the list of things to do. I forgot to sign up for scrapbooking, so at this point...no. Are you?