Monday, December 17, 2007

Christmas = Clearance?

I was out and about finishing up my shopping today. Let me just say...if you want to drive on or near Hulen Street during this time of year you are taking your life in your own hands. Wow -- I think the nut house released a few squirrels this morning. But I digress...

So, back to my point. Does Christmas equal clearance? Here we are 8 days before Christmas and I am already seeing 60% clearance on many items. Not that I'm complaining, mind you. I guess the stores are really pushing to get rid of their inventory. With the shelves being emptied so rapidly, what fun will there be to go shopping the day "after" Christmas and save really big? There's nothing left but a few rolls of ugly wrapping paper, some broken poinsettias and glitter on the floor. My husband would say this is a good thing because I do NOT need to be shopping for more Christmas items anyway. JoAnn Fabrics actually had Valentine's Day stuff on their front shelves. Shocking...

It should be noted here that even though I think there might be only a few things left on the shelves, I will most likely be out on December 26 on Hulen Street with all the other crazies. Anyone interested in going along?

3 comments:

Paige said...

The crazies were at walmart on Hulen, too. Long story, but there were crazies in the store and the parking lot. However, I'm all for going shopping on the 26th.

Barb said...

Wish I could join you for shopping on Dec. 26th. I probably won't be able to convince anyone to go shopping in GA.
Yes, I was a bit shocked to see the Valentines stuff at JoAnn's too. Aren't they moving a little too fast? Let's get through Christmas before we start having to think of that dreadful day.

Genny said...

Maybe next year's Valentine's Day won't be so dreadful??? I'm thinking postive -- for once!