Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas Eve

Well, here we are at Christmas Eve. Didn't it get here really quickly? We attended the Christmas Eve service at church. It was a packed house. (Side Note: I'll have to thank Wayne for not pulling out "Peace, Peace" this year. Could be from the fact that I found it in the music library and burned it a couple weeks ago. Sorry. Kidding!) Jeff and I have been going to that service for 16 years. (Really getting old...) I remember our first one, Katherine was about 7 months old. I had her dressed in a beautiful green velvet dress and an older gentleman came up to us and said, "Isn't HE the cutest thing?" Must have been the dim lighting, since it was a candlelight service back then. Fast forward...really fast...and here we are with two teenagers and one preteen. I understand why people reminisce. It takes a lot of remembering to hold on to time that flies by so fast. Why, it was only a few years ago that I was on the floor, looking out the window of my Grandma's house, convinced that the blinking red light I saw in the sky was Rudolph's nose. I just knew it was. And I could not force my eyes to close in sleep. I don't think I slept a wink that night. I didn't.

How times change. I'm sitting here wishing MY kids would go to sleep because Jeff and I have "things" to assemble and I'm really sleepy. Very sleepy. Unfortunately, all I hear from upstairs is giggling and running around. They are not even close to sleep. Yawn...I... hope....they....go...yawn.....to bed........sooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

Yawn...
sorry. Dozed off for a minute there. I hope the imprint of the "N" key on my forehead will be gone before morning.

Happy Christmas to All and to all a good night!

1 comment:

Barb said...

Happy Christmas to you as well. I hope you got all the assembly parts from my apartment. I'm kind of wishing everyone would go to bed here too, but that's because they're all sitting on my "bed" (aka the couch) watching TV. Which means I can't go to sleep till they all do. I'd better go see what I can do to put them all to sleep. Perhaps I can slip them all a Tylenol PM....