Saturday, December 22, 2007

I Have A Question

If I know that I am going to start back on my diet/healthy lifestyle after the holidays, why do I think it's o.k. to go ahead and eat everything in sight, thereby giving myself even more pounds to lose when I do finally start trying to lose weight? Why don't I start eating better now so I have less weight to lose?

OK, that was two questions, but can somebody help me out here? My standard answer has always been, "Oh, sometimes I just don't have very much will power." I remember Becca Deaver, my aerobics instructor saying, "You have plenty of will power, you just choose not to use it." Ouch!

3 comments:

Barb said...

I know, it's so we can start out at the same weight when we start dieting in January. Of course, that means you better eat lots of cookies if you're going to start out even with me.

Anonymous said...

I don't know. I just don't know. Maybe because once you start, you know you'll have to be good, so you're enjoying all the bad stuff while you can - and what's a few more pounds? I finally could have fruit yesterday. It was really good. That sounds really pitiful. And I'm still sick so obviously my new healthy eating is not helping my immune system too much. I've lost ten pounds - I just can't fight a respiratory infection.

Anonymous said...

Remember, "It's a way of life."
"It's a way of life."
"It's a way of life."
I have some friends that allow their children to have candy one day a week. It is a special day that they look forward to. Of course they don't get all the candy they want, but at least they look forward to a piece of candy. Maybe you could choose a special day to have something you "just can't live w/o." NO, NOT FRENCHFRIES! It really does help if you eat six small meals a day. Juicing w/fresh produce is a good way to get full. Juice carrots,apple, orange and lemon. It's delicious, filling and good for you too! And remember...never use the word "DIET" By the way, do you have a juicer?