Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Something to Think About

I came across this conversation today. It's from one of my favorite philosophers, Winnie the Pooh.

Pooh and Piglet walked home thoughtfully together in the golden evening, and for a long time they were silent.

"When you wake up in the morning, Pooh," said Piglet at last, "what's the first thing you say to yourself?"

"What's for breakfast?" said Pooh. "What do you say, Piglet?"

"I say, I wonder what's going to happen exciting today?" said Piglet.

Pooh nodded thoughtfully. "It's the same thing," he said.

Could be.

4 comments:

Barb said...

I just want to know - With everything you had to do yesterday, when did you have time to read Winnie the Pooh?!

Genny said...

Actually Winnie the Pooh was something I came across last week as I was cleaning the schoolroom. Always a classic.

Anonymous said...

I was thinking the same thing when I read that, Barb. I do miss those days when there was time for Pooh and all that other good stuff - replaced by a whole lot of busy, busy, busy. Oh no, my head started playing "House at Pooh Corner" - now I'm going to be singing that all day. But I guess I could have worse things stuck in my head.

Anonymous said...

There's always time for Pooh! Just find a Thoughtful Spot and sit a while.