Monday, August 6, 2007

Thoughts on Slowing Down or... I'm in Detox Mode

The view from our deck

It's amazing to me how we (ok, I) get so used to rushing around living that we don't even realize how frenetic a pace we are running -- until we go on vacation. Even my girls are suffering from this condition. The first words out of their mouths today (officially day 1 of vacation) were, "We don't have anything to do." "But, that's what we're here for, to do nothing," I said. We don't know how to sit still, watch clouds, read for an hour, play in a lake... Look at me...I'm blogging! I pray that as our week unfolds we will be able to rest, relax and recharge. The real world will return soon enough.

There are deer everywhere. They don't even run when you drive by them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I wish I had nothing to do. Maybe the girls could come do my stuff. I have plenty to do. I may have to call you today and find out the final destination of the card. I don't think you'd decided for sure last time we talked. Anyway, have a wonderful week of nothing. Love you guys!

Barb said...

I second Melissa's comments - I have plenty for the girls to do, if only they were here. But I hope your vacation is wonderful. I highly recommend doing nothing every once in a while. By the way, you all look very happy, but be sure to get Rebecca in a picture every now and then. Use that timer mode! (This from the girl who doesn't like to be in pics!) =)