Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Silence is Lavender

You've heard it said that "silence is golden," but I think silence is lavender. After a busy, fun day swimming and playing, Jeff has taken the girls down the street to play tennis and I am alone. Ahhh... When I think of a color that represents how I feel right now, it's lavender -- soothing, pastel, restful. Wish I'd thought to bring bubble bath! I did, however, bring tea. Thank goodness for that.

I've discovered something about myself this week, in addition to the fact that I think silence is lavender. I really enjoying cooking from scratch. When I have time, I like to try new recipes. I bought a recipe magazine before we left and have already tried 3 new recipes: a delicious coleslaw, and two types of rolls. Kneading dough can be very relaxing.

Well, the girls just came barreling in the door. Katherine sat down next to me and said in her best 'mom is crazy' voice, "Silence is lavender? What does that mean?" Restful moment over! Think I'll give the kids a little Benadryl nightcap and make myself a cup of tea.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Silence is good. Although brief, enjoy it while you can!

Anonymous said...

psh. mocking mom voice. surely you can come up with something better than that!!!!