Wednesday, September 19, 2007

The heavens declare...and so do butterflies

I woke up to an amazing sight this morning. As I passed the front window of my house, I saw the most beautiful sky. As most people know, I am not a morning person. In fact, I find most things to do with morning rather difficult to take; however, sometimes God just wakes us up in the most marvelous way. I quickly grabbed my camera and went outside. Of course, the picture doesn't do it justice. Oh, it would have been so nice to grab a cup of tea, pull up a rocking chair on my wrap-around porch (right...) and just sit for awhile.

This afternoon my attention was grabbed by this beautiful butterfly, feasting on the lantana in my back yard. It paid me no mind as I was trying to take a picture, almost flying right around my face as I tried to get a close up. Once again I was drawn to the Creator, who would fashion something so intricate and lovely for us to enjoy.

I'm thankful for these little moments in otherwise "same old, same old" days -- days when I'm not feeling my best, or thinking of everything I didn't get done today. I'm grateful to a God who draws me to Himself, even when I'm only thinking of me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

=) So pretty. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Awesome pictures. Thanks for the reminder. Although as the story started, I am reading the first few sentences thinking, yea right, Genny up before daylight, it must have been on her way to the bathroom and back to bed!! :0