Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Happy Anniversary

Yesterday was our 19th wedding anniversary. I'm thinking we're starting to get old! From our very first anniversary, Jeff and I have always planned a "get-away", which was always made easier by the fact that it was Labor Day weekend. Smart thinking back in 1988, huh? On Saturday, Day #2 of "The Sickness", we knew that going away on Sunday was not going to happen. We were both disappointed, but here's the good part. When I told Jeff how sorry I was to ruin the weekend, he said, "Well, I guess that's where the 'in sickness and in health part comes in.' " How true. So, instead of being disappointed that our anniversary was ruined, I want to talk about the wonderful man I married. While I was sick, he did all of the things I normally do for the family -- cooking, carpool, laundry, etc. and did his own job, all while taking care of me. Most men would probably freak when even confronted with such tasks. This morning he drove Abigail to school and Katherine to the orthodontist because he says I'm still not safe to drive. (Probably true. Still a little woozy.) I know his own job has suffered, but he did what he had to do. And, I was well enough to go to Outback Steakhouse last night for a really delicious meal. Hopefully the next couple days I will be back to my normal, crazy self. So, you might ask, do I have any regrets after 19 years of marriage? Yep. I'm sorry I didn't marry him sooner.

3 comments:

Barb said...

Congrats to both of you. Maybe you can do a delayed getaway. I'm still available to stay with the girls sometime. And glad you're feeling better today, though Jeff's probably right - no driving yet!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! We just passed 21. I know we're getting old. We almost passed right by it without noticing. I think we did make it out to dinner a day or two late. I think we're too busy, especially for old people.

Anonymous said...

happy anniversary! glad you are feeling better. and this baylor bear loves you, even if you are an aggie.