Thursday, March 1, 2012

The Birthday Jar

I've heard it said that "the best things in life aren't things" and I've certainly found that to be true in my own life.

I'm calling this "The Birthday Jar" when in fact it's probably more of a "Remember Jar." Rebecca made it for my birthday. It came with a card that reminded me to read one of these tiny notes any time I felt unloved or sad, and they would help me feel better. Can you say tears? Yes, I think so.

Here are few of the things that she loves about me:


  • beauty
  • piano playing skills
  • help me through hard times
  • eyes
  • drive us around
  • funny - in your own way  (love this one!)
  • supports me in all I do
  • love of a good read (made me smile)
Isn't it so important to feel loved and to let others know how important they are to us? After all, who knew how much Becca loved my "COMMON SENSE!!" and my "soft hands" and my "ability to read in an intriguing way." Now, thanks to my gift, I do. 

Hope you feel as blessed in your life as I do in mine.

2 comments:

Barb said...

What an awesome gift!! That girl gets her creativity from her mother (as well as some of the paper used in the project, I'm thinking). :)

Erin said...

What a sweetie!! That is such a thoughtful gift. Love it.