Friday, March 2, 2012

The Spring That Raced Ahead of Winter

Awake, thou wintry earth -
Fling off thy sadness!
Fair vernal flowers, laugh forth
Your ancient gladness!
~Thomas Blackburn, "An Easter Hymn"

Well, it appears that spring 2012 has arrived. Either winter came when I wasn't looking or we skipped it altogether. Really...did we have one cold day? I'm not even sure I got out my heavy coat. Well, it matters not because the perennials in my yard are saying, "Hello, World! It's a beautiful day!"

Carolina Jasmine

I've had this trailing ivy for a few years and it's never bloomed before now. Glorious color!

Peach Buds

Redbud Tree

Other than their burst of color, the best thing about these flowers is that I didn't have to work at all for them to show up! Love perennials!

2 comments:

Erin said...

beautiful! Much prettier than the seminary weeds haha

Barb said...

Beautiful!