Thursday, March 8, 2012

The Birthday Gifts Continue

I did warn you there would be several posts about my birthday...didn't I? Yeah, I think I did. Last week my sweet friend, Melissa, took me to see Stephen Curtis Chapman in concert. Oh my goodness...I can't tell you how much we LOVE SCC. He has been one of our favorite Christian artists for, well, practically forever. Here's the good part...Melissa has people! Her people knew the sound people for SCC and we were given tickets to the pre-show sound check. I was on Row 4 with him right in front of me. We also got a free autographed poster. (I just read this and I completely sound like I'm in high school, don't I?) I'm sorry. I just think he's that great.

Here we are at intermission. I think my eyes are sparkling because I've been listening to SCC sing for an hour.

Pre-show sound check - answering questions and singing requests. I wanted to ask him to sing "My Redeemer is Faithful and True," my all-time favorite, but someone requested it so I just sat and enjoyed.


 Singing with Andrew Peterson (left) and Josh Wilson (right)

A great, great night! Thanks to Melissa (and her people) for making my birthday so special.

No comments: