Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Lights and Wallpaper Tigers

I'm sure you've all been waiting with great anticipation for my next remodeling update. First I want to mention that the background on my page here is in honor of the amount of GLUE I have removed from my kitchen over the past two days.

The next two photos are the new lights. Behind the light in the second pic you can see the smooth new ceiling where stains and cracks used to be.


Here's a before shot of one wall. I used a wallpaper tiger, a small device with sharp teeth that you run over the wall. It scores little holes in the wall. Then, you spray the paper with a mixture of water and fabric softener which helps the paper to come off...eventually.

This photo is down to glue and paper. I had to remove 3 wallpapers total: original wallpaper, secondary wallpaper and a wallpaper border.

I'm guessing this is the original paper, circa 1959.

TA DAH! It looks a mess, but great to me because I was finished with this side. Look at that clump of paper and glue on the table.

Day Two I gained a helper! Thanks, Absie. The work went much faster with two of us.


Yay! Ready for texture and paint. Thanks to my contractor, Jeff, for fixing the hole in the wall.


No comments: