Friday, March 23, 2012

Kitchen Update: Yes, We're Still Here

Slow and steady wins the race...or so THEY say. Who's THEY again? After a few days off, we're back to work on the kitchen. Jeff took down the shutters so they could be painted and guess what we found? Wallpaper! There were two more styles of paper underneath. So, heavy sigh, I spent another half day removing wallpaper.

 Jeff got busy adding texture to the walls after that. It's really the first thing we've done that looks like actual improvement on the room. Everything is also still very dusty and messy. I'm so glad Jeff knows what he's doing on these things like adding sheetrock and texture. We can thank my PawPaw Guy for teaching Jeff these little tidbits of knowledge.


 Here's the texture all white and ready for painting. I briefly considered not putting the shutters back because I love the natural light that comes in. Jeff quickly reminded me of our lovely view -- trash cans and the neighbors' unattractive garage doors. Soooo, yeah, never mind. The shutters will return.

And...drum roll...please...
I couldn't stand it. I had to give you a sneak peak of the new color on the walls. I LOVE IT!!! The left photo is the BEFORE and the right photo is AFTER. I also painted the doors and trim the new white. I painted for about five hours today. So. sore. But, it's really starting to look different in the kitchen and I know it will all be worth it. 


2 comments:

Barb said...

Looking good! I love the color you chose. Can't wait to see it all put together (and I'm sure you agree!).

Genny said...

Barb, figured you would like the color. I'm very pleased with it. Heading out to paint shutters in a bit. Not looking forward to that at all.