Tuesday, October 30, 2007

What Were They Thinkin'?

Abigail just turned on the TV to watch "The Price Is Right" and there was Drew Carey in the place of Bob Barker. DREW CAREY!?! What's up with that? He can barely string a few words together. My problem with this most likely stems from my fond memories of watching the show as a child. Bob Barker IS "The Price is Right." Now, I know that 80-something year old man was starting to look a little like plastic man with his many surgeries. His face was a little too tight for someone his age. However, the big dude with the black glasses just ain't cuttin' it either.

I did read somewhere that Rosie O'Donnell was in the running for the job. So....things aren't so bad they couldn't be worse, right? (my mother always said that)

I'd better go. It's almost time for the Showcase Showdown.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! when you blog, you blog! so where are the pictures of the water going down the street?

Barb said...

That's the first I've heard of who replaced Bob Barker - how sad!!! I used to love watching the Price is Right.

Genny said...

Wow, Barb. We actually share a childhood memory. I guess it takes a show running 40 years to accomplish that! (Oh, my aching bones...)

Barb said...

Aren't you funny!!! Do you have any other "where were you when..." memories? Maybe we share another (though I think my favorite is that I was in 4th grade when the Challenger exploded, while you were in your college dorm room - wow!)

Genny said...

You just HAD to bring up the Challenger didn't you????