Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Lifestyles of the Not So Rich and Famous

Our family spent last weekend at the Gaylord Texan in Grapevine. Jeff spent all of Saturday in a meeting while the girls just played. I must admit, cheapskate that I am, that I have a hard time enjoying myself when everything is so expensive. Take Friday night's dinner buffet...cough, cough...the food was great, but the cost for 12 years old and up was $28.00! I mean, really, what kid eats enough food to warrant that? Did I eat enough food for that? I kept telling Rebecca -- eat, eat! Put a roll in your pocket for breakfast. (kidding) I decided these places are better reserved for anniversaries and special occasions. But hey, when someone offers to pay for your room...

The place is huge. This is just one of the outside views.

This is the view from our room. Pretty cool.
I think we watched parts of 3 weddings over the weekend.





These are some random pics taken around the hotel. One part of the hotel is created to look like the Riverwalk in San Antonio.

All the girls stood in line to get their caricature done by an artist.
I thought he really captured Rebecca's personality.


The star is in the middle of the atrium ceiling of the hotel.

The girls had fun for a little while in the arcade. Abigail should never be turned loose on a four-wheeler or any other ATV.


The landscaping is unbelievable. The flowers are so beautiful.
I cannot imagine how many people it takes to maintain this place.
I guess they have people who come out at night, like fairies, because
I never saw anyone working on the grounds.


Katherine's favorite ice cream -- a little tiny container of Dulce de Leche. Only $6.00! Well, maybe not that much. I'm just guessing since that was part of her buffet meal.

Overall, it was a nice weekend. I'll just remember that when we have the kids along to pack a suitcase of peanut butter sandwiches. No, wait...we won't be going back with the kids. Never mind.

1 comment:

Barb said...

Looks like an incredible place, but wow, the price tag! I think Jeff's idea was a good one - next time you guys go someplace like that, we'll negotiate a "price" for me to stay with the girls. =)