Monday, October 29, 2007

Pool Surgery

We finally had to bite the bullet and spend some money to repair our very cracked pool. We've been babying it along for several summers now and it was time to do something about it. We would have to add water nearly every day, just to keep the appropriate level. It was very interesting to see the responses to approximately 25,000 gallons of water running down the street. I was planting flowers in the front of the house and noticed many different looks. Cars would drive very slowly, as if expecting it to suddenly flood. Several walkers would go by, looking for the water main break. I think it took about 3 hours to drain it completely. My thought was, "That really is money down the drain...I mean, street."


Setting up the pump, 3 big nylon hoses emptied into the street


Water level going down...


Of course these two had to crawl in and have a look-see


These guys drilled out the cracks and then added rebar going
sideways across them. Then, they filled in with concrete.

I thought this looked just like an incision that had
been stapled after an operation. Weird.

Hopefully this project won't go on and on like the floor remodel. Tomorrow I believe the plaster guys will come in and smooth new plaster over the entire surface. Best part? I don't have to do anything but take the pictures.

2 comments:

Barb said...

Wow, that sure looks different! I think I prefer filled it with beautiful clear (not green) water and a float with me on it!
By the way, it looks like Abigail is holding up her shorts so they don't get wet. Did she not realize there was no water in the pool? =)

Genny said...

Sorry for no "running down the street" pics, Paige. When I thought about it, the road had already started to dry. Oh well...