Tuesday, October 23, 2007

I Was Just Wondering...

I was just wondering this morning...why do all scrapbook stores close after being in business only a short time? I received an email a few days ago that Recollections, one of the best scrapbook stores ever, will be closing early next year. Now, I do admit that my first thought after "NOoooooooo..." was, "Ooooo...clearance sales." Why can't they stay in business? I've never been in that store without lots of other customers. The crop room is always occupied.

I know Recollections is owned by Michaels Stores. My only hope is that Michaels will pick up some of the items and paper lines that Recollections has been selling. For really neat scrapbook embellishments and paper, Michaels, and even Hobby Lobby still can't compete with Recollections.

I guess on the positive side I'll be saving money. Right? Small comfort.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well it's certainly not because there's not 5 bazillion scrapbookers out there, so you raise a very good question.

And on a personal note, scrapbooking occupies a place in some distant memory of mine very close to books. I have a vague recollection of it and I think I really liked it, but I can hardly remember it anymore. Sad - very, very sad.....

Anonymous said...

I am already grieving the loss. Nothing comes close to Recollections. Alas, we must definitely go to the convention in June.

Barb said...

I'm with Paige - Convention, here we come! And I'm very sad about Recollections closing, because they always have the best stuff. But maybe the clearance sale will be worth it...