Monday, July 30, 2007

Seen Around Canada

As you might have guessed, things in Canada are a little different than in the States. For example, their money: loonies and twonies are their $1 and $2 coins, instead of bills. Their bills are different colors, like blue and purple. The kids in music camp enjoyed looking at our American money and commented that "their" bills were pretty, while ours were kinda boring. It didn't stop them from taking American coins from me when I offered them though.
The trees we saw were huge! Flowers were everywhere and unbelievable colors and sizes. I'm probably now known as "Hydrangea Psycho Flower Woman." I was gasping every time we saw a hydrangea bush. One plant would have 3 different colors of flowers on them. I was never able to stop and get a picture, so I hope that someone else did. Anyone??? I have the memory of them in my head, but when I'm old I want to say..."Remember that year we went to Vancouver and the hydrangeas were as big as bowling balls and 3 colors...wait, I'll get my scrapbook and show you."
The animals we saw were huge, too. Here are a few pics of Kathy Nance and myself with various Canadian animals.
MOOSE

BLACK BEAR

GREY WOLF (This was creepy.)

POLAR BEAR

This blue hydrangea was at the entrance to the
park where we saw the suspension bridge.

This was a funny guy at the Richmond night market.
He was making some type of funnel cake (with flair).

My favorite Canadian store! (NOT!) I was only there about 8 times.


We saw Cousin It at the Fisherman's Wharf. I can't even tell you what Dr. C. said...


McDonald's, McDonald's, Kentucky Fried Chicken and a Pizza Hut!
(Ask someone from the music camp.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think we got some good pictures of hydrangeas to share with you (and yes, I thought of you, psycho hydrangea woman, every time we passed one).

Barb said...

Fun pictures, and I'm sure even better memories. I want you to be able to say that about the hydrangeas too - because I want to see the scrapbook page!