Thursday, July 26, 2007

Day Four of Music Camp

What an incredible week this has been. The most exciting news is that 3 children accepted Christ yesterday at basketball camp. These are children who have also been in music camp in the morning. One little girl, Hannah, told her mother that she had become a Christian. When her mother commented that she had already done that, Hannah replied, "Yes, mom. But then I didn't know about Jesus."
Jenna, Juliehanna, Danica, Shanya, Sadie, Kyla

Jade, one of my favorites She is now our sister in Christ.

I cannot tell you how precious this little girl has been. She is the Hannah from the story above.


Carolyn, with Charlie, the singing dog -- hilarious!

I'm eating with chopsticks. Well, only one bite actually, but I did it. We are at the mall having lunch. It was fun to get out today. Most days I've been on kitchen duty, cooking dinner in the afternoons when music camp is finished. I'm off duty tonight -- yea! We are all starting to look a little ragged around the edges. But, it's a good tired. I actually got almost 7 hours of sleep last night. Thanks for your prayers (and Benadryl) about that.

Tomorrow is our last day of camp. It will be a busy day of preparation for the concert we are giving tomorrow night. The music and basketball camps will give prizes/awards to the kids and the music kids will present to the parents what we've worked on all week. I pray the parents will be touched by the words we sing and what is said. Pray for Pastor Alan as he listens to what God would have him share. And, may we all come home saying, "To God be the glory, great things HE has done."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HOW EXCITING! Seeing the pictures of the children and knowing how much God loves little children and wants them to come to Him thrills the soul! What a blessing you all have been and to know that God can use ordinary people like us to tell others about Him.

I have been praying for you to get some rest the last two nights and last night I remember thinking,"and a little dose of Benadryl wouldn't hurt either!"
;-)