Friday, May 23, 2008

Summer....You're My Favorite

I love Summer. There is such a freedom that I feel during this season. The girls aren't laboring with schoolwork (or asking me for help) and my allergies go away...ahhhhh. There's a huge relief in just those two things. So, in no particular order, here are my top twenty reasons why summer is one of the best seasons.


1. the beach
2. a crystal clear blue pool
3. fresh fruits/veggies
4. vacation!
5. Diet Coke with Lime
6. snowcones
7. mission trips
8. colorful beach towels
9. tanned skin
10. flip flops
11. flowers
12. sleeping in
13. July 4th fireworks
14. green grass
15. a long reading list
16. freedom from strict schedules
17. sand
18. food on the grill
19. scrapbooking time
20. the smell of sunscreen

I hope each of you has a wonderful, blessed summer. For those of you still in school, hurry up and finish. We've got some suntanning to do!

3 comments:

Barb said...

love the new look of your blog. very fresh and summery. and ah, summertime - it is nice, isn't it. I can't wait to do some tanning by the pool. gotta keep up this tan i got at the beach, you know?

Anonymous said...

I cannot wait...it's my first real summer in 13 years!

Peas on Earth said...

If only it weren't so blasted hot all the time! ha ha!! :-)

Yay! Summer! :-D