Sunday, May 11, 2008

Piano Recital at Steinway Hall

I would like to begin this post by saying that I am jealous of my children who played on a Steinway & Sons concert grand piano for their recital on Saturday. It was beautiful! Seriously, even the smallest 5 year old boy, who played a one finger melody, sounded great. Katherine played "Fountain in the Rain" by William Gillock. Abigail played "Spinning Song" by Ellmenreich. Together they played Pachelbel's "Canon in D." It was a brief recital, with only seven students playing -- the best kind!




Mrs. McKay, our new teacher

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahhhhhhh


ooooooooooooooh

the feel of the steinway!!!!!!




*sigh*

Barb said...

I was very jealous too - couldn't resist running my fingers along the keyboard. If Mrs. McKay's recitals take place at Steinway Hall, do you think she'd be willing to take on another student (i.e., me)? =)

Michele Davis said...

all this piano talk makes me wish I really could play...well there is that one... I think I feel a song coming on!....

"you've got a friend in me! do do do do you've got a friend in me!..."

ok I'll stop :)

Genny said...

Thanks for the smile, Michele. I needed that today.

Bartley Family said...

What pretty girls! I know you are proud.