Friday, May 9, 2008

I Have Tomatoes!

I went outside to water my tomatoes and upon close inspection I actually have little, green tomatoes. I am growing them in pots because I don't have a good garden spot. I'm trying two types: patio and cherry. As soon as I saw the patio tomato, I ran for my camera. I could almost taste my first one, picked fresh, with lots of salt. Mmm...and then, a tomato sandwich, and then a BLT...I'm salivating now. I wonder how long it will take before the first one turns red? I'll keep you posted.

3 comments:

Barb said...

LUCKY!!! I've been watching, but so far no tomatoes on mine, just yellow flowers. Hmm... maybe pots are the way to go. I look forward to sharing a nice juicy tomato sandwich (with lots of salt) with you soon - whether from your tomato plants or mine!

Peas on Earth said...

I know you said you'd do the thin-crust veggie pizza thing with me, but a close second in my book would be the BLT!!!!!! YUM!!!!! :-)

Bartley Family said...

Love, Love, Love fresh tomatoes. Yum - fresh tomatoes sliced on top of bread from Central Market, a little basil and fresh melted provolone!!! Heaven.