Thursday, November 1, 2007

Would You Take Candy from This Little Girl?

This year's Halloween will forever be called "The Halloween of Sickness." Katherine didn't get to be a taco. Abigail didn't get to dress up like a Christmas tree. Rebecca didn't get to put on a costume that she didn't want to put on in the first place. We have always gone to Fall Festival at church, so I had to make a last minute run to the store for candy. Rebecca, the only semi-well child, put out candles and a CD player with spooky music on the porch. And waited...

Thankfully we had about three groups of kids come by. Rebecca was disappointed there weren't more. I'm disappointed that we have this huge bowl of candy left over. Thankfully I didn't buy any candy that I like, so no temptation there. Abigail had a good suggestion at the end of the evening. "Let's just pretend all this leftover candy came from trick-or-treating at church!" "Not the same," said Rebecca.

3 comments:

Barb said...

Hey, I only had 1 trick-or-treater. Not even a group, just one kid. But that's okay, I didn't have candy to give out anyway. Thank goodness for friends who stop by offering some of their candy, because that's the only reason I had any to give my lone little spiderman.

Barb said...

Wow, is the blog color change a statement about A&M's loss this weekend or just in honor of fall?

Genny said...

Well, I was ready for a change AND I think A&M is, too. Looks like the rumor mill is already starting about Fran resigning. Won't see me crying about it.