Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Just a Bump in the Road

Have you ever been going along your merry way, thinking life is okay, and then "WHAM!", you hit a bump in the road? That happened to me this week. (via email) It was one of those situations where I sat back in my chair, stunned that ONCE AGAIN, a person was questioning the validity of something that I feel very passionate about. Not to be cryptic here, but no purpose would be served by sharing this person's name. I went through several stages: anger (blood pressure a little high), more anger (the more I thought about it), denial, and then, strangely enough, grief. I have been alternately angry and then sad because I know there is nothing I can say that will change the situation. It is what it is. Some people I know would say, "What is God trying to teach me in this situation?" I'm not there yet. I'm still largely hurt, a little bit angry and a whole lot sad. Probably not very productive, but, I will press on, knowing that I am doing what God has called me to do. (at least for now)

"...one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." Phil. 3:13-14

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm reading through your cryptic lines and I feel your pain. Remember that the Lord knows your heart and your passion and He honors those and will definitely teach you through this. Hang in there and know you are loved!

Barb said...

I'll second Paige's response. Also remember that Satan will do anything to keep you from fulfilling your calling (not that I'm calling this person "Satan", only that Satan use that person for his own purposes). Stand strong, and trust Him to show you the best way to handle the situation.

Bartley Family said...

Hey - the kids did great this a.m. When they started singing I thought the CD track of kids voices was playing. I hate to say it but ministry is full of that kind of stuff. It's also full of people that go the extra mile in serving, the kingdom results when a kid/adult finally embraces something God is saying and just the good things that God does to remind us that He is using us to build His kingdom. It's worth putting up with all the crap for that. I'm sorry that it happens at all but it does and there is redemption in it when God keeps doing through you what he wants in spite of it. If it matters at all, we so thank you for what you do with our kids.