Tuesday, November 13, 2007

The Voices of Children

I am always amazed and blessed when I hear kids sing. Well, to be correct, kids singing on pitch and with harmony. On Sunday evening in children's choir, we "attempted" to sing our way through the entire Christmas musical, noting that (please...no) we only have 18 days until our first performance, uh, I mean, presentation...sorry Wayne.

Brittany and Evan (aka Mary and Joseph) sing the most beautiful song entitled "You Chose Me." The words alone are incredible, but when you hear two 11 year old voices blending in harmony it is absolutely stunning. I had chill bumps on my arms and I felt the strangest urge to cry. I've been singing those words over and over in my head this week, and it reminded me of God's plan for all of us. What a wonder and a gift music is to our faith, especially "out of the mouths of babes." Part of that song says,

"Waking and working, every day,
Your perfect plan before me.
I wanna serve You all the way,
trusting what I can't see.
I could never have imagined all You've planned.
And I can't forget the day it all began.

Since You came and called my name,
I can only marvel at the mystery.
Magnify the Lord on High.
I'll praise Your name eternally,
'cause You looked down and You chose me."

Wow.

4 comments:

Barb said...

Yep, that's definitely my favorite song in the musical too. And Brit & Evan do a great job. I think we did well casting those roles, don't you?

Barb said...

And now I have "You Chose Me" stuck in my head. Thanks, Genny!

Anonymous said...

hey-I finally found where your comments were going to - spam! I unspammed them and hopefully they won't be there again. Anyway, you're so right about that song. Just what I needed to be reminded of tonight.

Anonymous said...

I love it too, and we've all been singing it. Evan's even singing it in his sleep - pretty cute, although not quite as pretty when he's asleep. Sounds very...Sleepy, I guess.?... Anyway, you'll be happy to know he's practicing every day when awake as well. And I took him to the doctor Monday before we left, so hopefully he'll be well too.