Friday, November 23, 2007

Tour of Texas - Stops Three and Four

BUNA -- Stops Three and Four are in one town. Actually, we have several people to see when we hit the country: Jeff's parents, my dad, my sister and kids, and my brother and his family. We slept in a little this morning. Nanny made biscuits and bacon for breakfast. Yes, I've added about 3 pounds this week, just due to biscuits. It was soooo cold this morning -- in the 40's, and it's a damp cold. (That sounds like saying, "but it's a dry heat.") Jeff left with our friend, Russell, to go to College Station for the A&M v. Texas game. (More on that later.) I took Rebecca to my dad's to "prospect" for treasures. She has a metal detector and my dad asked her to bring it and look for "stuff" in his yard.

Ready for prospecting

Digging deep on this one


Remains of Hurricane Rita still evident

My dad always has a roaring fire


Abigail and Katherine stayed behind at Nanny's

to paint Christmas figurines













Love these signs of East Texas in the fall: pink pods on the rain trees, a handful of acorns, my dad's stash of wood because he thinks he might run out before the next blizzard (to be fair, most of this wood is probably chopped up trees that were knocked over during the hurricane)

We had a nice, relaxing day. Didn't shop at all, except to run to Dollar General for Benadryl. My sister and I took our kids to Silsbee to see "Enchanted." What a deal -- tickets were $3.oo for adults and $1.50 for kids. Ate more fast food, yeah...just add a couple more pounds to the New Year's Resolutions. Heavy sigh...

We'll head north in the morning. There are supposed to be heavy rainstorms headed this way, so I hope we can be ahead of them. Don't like driving/riding in the rain. Makes for a really long way home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like an enjoyable, if tiring, few days for you. I took some pictures here. If I can get the computer long enough to download some, I'll try to post something. Gotta get back in the blogging game. See you in a few days.