Wednesday, November 28, 2007

O Little Town of Bethlehem

And so it begins...musical setup is officially underway. Greg Z. brought the "city" into the worship center. Wow! It looks so good. Of course, there was never any doubt. It's funny how just putting up that one bit of the set gets me excited about the program. It's been a crazy day of running around purchasing bits of stuff here and there, picking up the t-shirts (finally), buying lights, looking for angel halo stuff, etc. Tomorrow will be spent at the church creating the shepherds' hillside, finishing costumes, making sandals...well, actually Melissa will be doing all this and I will be her ever faithful sidekick, waiting to do her bidding. This basically means that I will be a gopher, and I'll probably be the one who goes to pick up lunch. She's the real talent and brains behind our friendship/organization.

Wish I'd thought to take my camera to church tonight to document the process. Well, there's always tomorrow. Or Friday. Or Saturday. Yep...gonna be livin' in the Lord's house all week.

3 comments:

Barb said...

I can't wait to see the set. I'm getting excited too! Don't work too hard today though.

Bartley Family said...

The set looks good, I saw it this afternoon and the lights look great too, Jeremy was playing with it when I was there. Also, Genny I got the while soffee shorts today for the angels. I know its not much in the big scheme of things buat maybe its one more thing you wont have to worry about. Can't wait to glitter those girls up. We have several people excitedly coming on Saturday night. Looking forward to it - I know it will be FABULOUS.

Anonymous said...

I think it's more a case of different gifts that compliment the other's. I certainly wouldn't do this without you. You provide the necessary people stuff and leadership stuff that I don't want any part of. Just let me be the idea girl who creates a little pop and sparkle. And with Greg on board making magic stuff, my job's easier than ever. I love this week. I'm already so tired I can barely stand myself, but I'm having a great time. And a special thanks should go to my great husband who gives me his blessing to spend so much time away from home during these pre-musical weeks because he knows how much I love doing it. I am now going to bed so that I can start again tomorrow.