Wednesday, November 21, 2007

The Grinch Who Stole Thanksgiving

Yep, that's me. I'm the crabbiest person I know the week of Thanksgiving. For some unknown reason, I hate to travel the week of this holiday. (And we ALWAYS travel) I could probably list several factors that contribute, but I wouldn't want someone to get their feelings hurt. Mostly, I would rather stay home and relax, I think. This year's stress has been compounded by the fact that next week is the musical, and I don't feel that I, or any of the 64 little people involved, am ready. Add that to the fact that I am leaving town for 3 days, and well, you know...the whole thing will fall apart if I'm not here to worry about it.

Thanks to Amy and Paige, I am reminded to be thankful in ALL situations and circumstances. I hate to copy their idea with a "thankful list", but it really blessed me just to read theirs and, I don't think they will mind.

So, assuming that God, family, friends, etc. are the most obvious important things to me...in no particular order, here is the grinch's little thankful list:

* hot tea, especially English Breakfast (with cream)
* my ratty, blue plaid pajamas I've had forever
* Sonic ice
* scrapbooking
* my pink squishie pillow
* the color purple
* a crackling fire
* new books
* 50% off at Hobby Lobby
* letters in the mail
* honeysuckle
* scones with cream and jam
* quilts
* fluffy clouds
* JAG (I need Season 3 on DVD if you haven't bought my Christmas yet.)
* cheap jewelry
* Road Rage Remedy on WRR 101.1
* hydrangeas
* fresh corn on the cob
* music

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I could hear it in your voice this morning. Here's praying you get some rest and relaxation even if you are traveling. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and know that I am so thankful for you!

Barb said...

hey Grinch, I hope your Thanksgiving is wonderful in spite of the fact that you don't want to travel. And don't worry about the musical - God is in control and He will pull it all together to get His message across. You can count on that.