Friday, June 29, 2007

Rain, Rain, Go Away...

Does anyone know where to find any gopher wood? It's time to build an ark! The rain has been unbelievable this year. Right now while I'm typing this, thunder is booming and the heavens are releasing even more water. While it's been wonderful for our grass (and consequently, our water bill) I think I'm ready for it to stop. I came across this poem earlier and thought it was rather appropriate.
If I were as rude as the rain
And came when I was uninvited
And stayed too long and ruined people's fun,
(like going to the baseball game with my dad
and eating hotdogs in the sunshine)
And made children (like me) miserable,
I'd be sent to my room for quiet time,
Until I learned to behave.
--Author Unknown

I hope you're enjoying the weather wherever you are!

1 comment:

Barb said...

I'm sorry it is so rainy there. Yuck! We've actually had a few nice days here, but it's raining right now and it has rained most of June. So I understand. I pray the rain goes away very soon, for both of us.