Friday, June 15, 2007

Just Peachy


I seem to have a fruit theme going this week...

Jeff's dad planted this peach tree in our yard several years ago. We didn't ask for it, he just brought it with him and told us that every house needs a peach tree. (I remember peach tree limbs as what my parents used to spank my brothers with. Not me, of course.) Every year since it has been large enough to produce peaches we "might" get 2 or 3 peaches. The squirrels always get the rest. This year we had tons of peaches but they had some type of black spots on them. Oh well...the same as every year, I thought. Jeff asked tonight if I was going to pick the peaches or just let them ruin. He said there were plenty of good ones. And there were! I was so excited to find so many I took a picture of them. (Just in case it never happens again.) Guess we'll have peach cobbler next week...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good looking peaches!

Barb said...

Never knew you had a peach tree! How cool! They look good too.