Friday, June 29, 2007

And the Mopping Continues...

Even Abigail is being forced to mop the bedroom floor. Not really -- she volunteered. For some strange reason that I cannot even begin to imagine, the child loves to mop. This mopping is to clean the floor before starting actual staining. Jeff and I just returned to Fort Worth from Austin, so no actual work has been done for 2 days. Jeff will float (I think that's the correct term) the holes in the floor left from the tack strips which held the carpet. After that, he will sand those spots and then we can begin staining. Finally!
A smooth, clean floor ready for staining at last...

Nothing much to report on this week. Austin was nice. I hung out at Starbuck's while Jeff did his architect talk. We had a nice meal at Outback Steakhouse last night. The most fun was driving to San Marcos to surprise Rebecca. She was so excited to see us. I believe Jeff and I hugged about 20 kids. It seems that when you're away from home and your parent is not available, someone else's parent will do. I hope to have pics and trip reports from Katherine and Rebecca in the next couple days.

1 comment:

Barb said...

Abigail is welcome to come mop my apartment any time! Glad Rebecca was glad to see you. I look forward to hearing about the girls' trips and seeing pictures.