Monday, June 18, 2007

Father's Day

We traveled to Buna over the weekend to see our dads for Father's Day. Jeff's dad was waiting for us on the porch when we drove up. He was so excited to see us. On Sunday we went to church with them; Jeff to the Methodists and Genny to the Baptists. It was great to see people that I had not seen in years. We ate lunch, or dinner as they say in Buna, with the Holmes: one of my favorite meals -- fresh corn, beans, and potatoes all from Jeff's dad's garden. We had dinner, or supper, with the Martin's -- Stella's Cajun gumbo with potato salad. My sister made fresh banana cream pie. Yes, I gained about five pounds this weekend!
Jeff with his dad, Bobby, and brother Gary

Genny with her dad, Will Martin


1 comment:

Barb said...

Glad you got to spend Father's Day with your dads. Wish I could have. Oh well, I'll settle for spending it in Dubai!