Sunday, February 26, 2012

Birthdays - Better Than the Alternative

Wow! What can I say? I am one blessed person. I had the most amazing birthday weekend, which is interesting since I had decided that I really did not want to celebrate the 6th anniversary of my 40th birthday. Jeff, Rebecca and Abigail took me to Mimi's for dinner on Friday night. Just after we started eating, someone came up behind me and put their arms around me. It was Katherine! It was absolutely the best birthday surprise! I hadn't seen her since she left for school in mid-January. Of course, do I have any photos to remind me of this blessed event? No. Grandma forgot her camera.

Rebecca had a track meet on Saturday and Jeff had a couple meetings so the remaining girls packed up and spent the day at the Modern and Kimball Art Museums. We stopped for lunch at Panera first. Isn't my salad beautiful? Love the photo of me and my girls, which has me realizing how similar Abigail and Katherine are looking these days.



This is one of the few sculptures I like at the Modern. I can't decide if I want the trees to be fighting or pulled together by storms. 

Enjoyed taking these fun pics of Abigail with a statue labeled "Etruscan." I'm actually surprised some snooty museum employee didn't come fuss at us. Those guys can be cranky! (No, Katherine Holmes, you may not set up your tripod in our lobby. We don't care if you get a bad grade on your photography assignment. This museum is not for your enjoyment!)

I will be posting more about my birthday in the coming days. I hope to not bore you, all 5 of my readers, but I do have many things to say. Important things. Noteworthy things. You'll see.

No comments: