Sunday, August 30, 2009

That's What I Get for Being a Slacker

Last week my sister posted a status on Facebook that you could buy Southern Living on amazon.com for only $5.oo. My first thought was, "Sure you can." My second thought, after reading it again on someone's blog today was, "I should go subscribe!" You know the saying He who hesitates is lost?...that's really true. She hesitated and she lost. The deal ended yesterday. Too late, slacker. Bummer. Now it's more than $5.00.

So, how then, you might ask, did I end up with a subscription to COASTAL LIVING?

It's very simple, really. I had two items in my shopping cart already: a Christy Nockels CD and a Meredith Andrews CD. (in my quest to update my painfully inadequate iPod Shuffle with some new worship music, so I will have great music to walk by.) Yea, because if I have great worship music I'll want to walk more! Ha, ha, ha, ha!!!! Sorry....

Heading to checkout I received the notice, Wait! To get free shipping add ONLY $9.62 to your order...so naturally I would be saving money to do that, right? And, at the bottom of my order form right next to recently viewed items (Southern Living) was Customers who purchased Southern Living also bought these items (Coastal Living). How perfect! I NEED to spend $9.62 and the magazine is $10. It's like we were made to go together. Like peanut butter and jelly, the beach and me. The very thought of a beach-focused magazine arriving in my mailbox every month was just too good to pass up. And if that wasn't enough to lure me in, this sent me over the edge -- an example of the photography in each month's magazine:

Oh. my. Yes, please? I want to go there. NOW. No, really...now. I just switched over to delta.com and am booking my ticket. I don't know where this is, but I will find it.

Just looking at this picture makes me happy. In fact, I'm thinking about making it the desktop picture on my computer screen, rubbing a little coconut-scented sunscreen on my face and taking a mini-vacation right now. See? Sometimes it pays to be a slacker.

Now...where did I put that bottle of Tropicana Dark Tanning Oil?

4 comments:

Barb said...

I want to hear the new cd's! :)

Melissa said...

I want to go too! I think a little dose of beach each year may be crucial to my mental health, and I missed my trip this year.

Penny said...

Rebecca got the Christy Nockels CD...I borrowed it and have had it for weeks...good thing she has it on her iPod! Have you heard Laura Story's Cd? Here is a link to hear about her story. http://www.tangle.com/view_video.php?viewkey=cadb6fdd733a32d724f7

Anonymous said...

For some unknown reason, I could picture an extremely large hurricane wiping that little house and pier right off the map! Maybe it's because I've been hearing about a couple of storms/hurricanes out in the Pacific. Sorry... go back to your idealistic, relaxing, dream of a vacation!