Friday, August 28, 2009

So, I'm Not Really Sure About the New Neighbors

As we were pulling into the garage a couple days ago, we saw these two characters across the street. They were acting as if they owned the neighborhood!

"How disgusting," I said. "Look at those awful turkey buzzards eating something on the road."

"Cool!" said Abigail. "I'm going to get my camera!"

I'm not sure why we needed a picture of two of the ugliest birds I've ever seen. I'm even less sure why I'm writing a blog post about them. Then, it hit me! They were eating a dead squirrel!!! Oh yes, now this is an animal that is really contributing to society. I'm sorry, but you know how I feel about squirrels. I'm sure I've written a post about my dislike of them, and I would reference it here, except I'm too lazy to go look for it.
I'm going to call them Harry and George.


"Look! Zoom in," Abigail said, showing me this picture on the camera. "He's ripping the flesh off the squirrel. That. is. so. COOL."

Where in the world did that child come from? I could not possibly have given birth to her.

1 comment:

Barb said...

Um, yuck! And crazy Abigail!