Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Fort Morgan, Alabama...Can I Move There?

I find myself at the extremity of a long beach. How gladly does the spirit leap forth, and suddenly enlarge its sense of being to the full extent of the broad, blue, sunny deep! A greeting and a homage to the Sea! I descend over its margin, and dip my hand into the wave that meets me, and bathe my brow. That far-resounding roar is the Ocean's voice of welcome. His salt breath brings a blessing along with it. ~Nathaniel Hawthorne, "Foot-prints on the Sea-shore"

Why do we love the sea? It is because it has some potent power to make us think things we like to think. ~Robert Henri


Had a wonderful few days in Alabama. Here are just a few of the many photos that were taken. These sum up the things we did while living as beach bums for four days.

We wrote in the sand...

jumped waves on the boogie board...

sat on the beach and enjoyed the sun...

enjoyed the beautiful evenings...

took long walks on the beach...

read books...

took lots of fun pictures...

drove to Florida...

ate really delicious seafood...

made a sandy starfish out of Abigail...

stood in awe of God's creation...

built sand castles...

caught blue crabs...

breathed in the warm, salty air...

lowered our blood pressure...
and cried because we had to go home so soon.

Sweet, Home, Alabama.
So true, so true.

5 comments:

Abigail said...

Just for the record, in the Bubba's Seafood picture, I'm scratching my leg. I don't have to use the bathroom.

Barb said...

Looks like a fabulous trip! Sweet home, Alabama, indeed. And Roll Tide Roll! :)

Anonymous said...

O.K., in the Bubba's Seafood picture, is that Katherine on the left and Rebecca on the right or is it Rebecca on the left and Katherine on the right?

Barb said...

Thanks for that clarification, Abigail. I was really concerned. Funny girl! :)

Genny said...

Anonymous,
Click on the picture to enlarge it and you will see "who's who."