Tuesday, March 3, 2009

First, Second, Third and Fourth

What a day for Katherine Holmes - Artist Extraordinaire!  She went to Liberty Christian in Argyle to participate in the TAPPS District Art Competition for Grace Prep. While at the school she spent her time drawing a still life in the on-site drawing contest. We found out this afternoon that she won FIRST PLACE! I don't have a copy of that picture yet.

She also had three other entries submitted. Each of those pictures placed, as well.

Third Place - Oil
(Take that, rodeo judges)

Second Place - Ink

Fourth Place - Acrylic

These pictures will all be sent to the state contest in April. Katherine will also compete in the on-site drawing contest at state. Way to go, Katherine!

6 comments:

Michele Davis said...

Whoo-hoo! Go Katherine! :D

Barb said...

That's awesome! Way to go, K! (And I especially liked your comment to the rodeo judges.)

teresa said...

I am in AWE! Katherine, you are fantastic!

Anonymous said...

Yea Katherine! Nice to see some real judges that know what they are doing. And from someone who can barely draw a stick figure, I'm so impressed - you're definitely first with me!

Unknown said...

I say the rodeo picture on the blog. then while attending the stock show I saw it and was able to say to a group of family that I knew the artist's mother! Congratulations!

Amy Hudson's Mom - Gayle

Unknown said...

Congratulations!! I saw the one of the horse at the stock show and told my family that the artist attended Wedgwood and that Amy knew her mother.
Quite impressive!

Amy Hudson's mom - Gayle