Monday, March 30, 2009

Do You Really Think I Wanted to Know That?

So, Jeff and I are driving home the other night and he says, "Do you realize that in about 13 months Katherine will be about to graduate from high school? And, that in 20 months she could be leaving home? for good? And within the next 5-7 years she could be married and we could be grandparents?"

Sure, I've been sitting around, just thinking about the fact that I will be a grandmother in 6 years. NOT! 

Thanks. Thanks alot. Now I feel panicked, and old.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I passed panicked and old quite a while back there. Of course I haven't had anyone (ever so kindly) throw the grandparent card into the mix that I recall, so that's good. I mean I want to have grandkids; just don't want to think about it now, or how close it could be, relatively speaking...(5-7 years goes way faster than it used to).

I have, however, left panicked (at least about the kids leaving) behind, but couldn't get old to stay behind with it. Now I'm just tired... AND still old...or maybe tired of being old...or tired because I'm old...or tired because of those 4 kids planning to leave me (for good)...and give me grandkids (in 5-7 years)...now I'm depressed...I do hear that grandkids can snap you right out of that though ...and make you feel young again?...

Now I'm just confused...and still tired...oh yeah, and still old. I think I'll just go to bed. That should help something.

Barb said...

of course, K could be like me, and then in a few years you'll be begging her for grandchildren. Or maybe not. If you do, I may have to call you on it. :) But nice of Jeff to bring it up.