Monday, March 9, 2009

They Really Do Know Me

A recent survey on Facebook was just too fun to pass up. Ask your children these questions about you. I asked them separately so they couldn't compare answers. It shouldn't have surprised me that my kids know me so well.  They were mostly correct, although I have to admit the "Miss Piggy" reference has me seriously thinking about resuming my diet.


1. What is something Mom always says to you?
Katherine (16): "Oh, dear..."
Rebecca(13): "Love ya, doll!"
Abigail(11): "Have you fed the animals?"

2. What makes Mom happy?
Katherine: When I make her laugh.
Rebecca: Flowers
Abigail: Hugs

3. What makes Mom sad?
Katherine: When I don't empty the dishwasher.
Rebecca: When we fight
Abigail: When we don't obey

4. How does your mom make you laugh?
K: Making funny faces behind dad's back
R: When she watches us play sports
A: When she says funny stuff

5. What was your mom like as a child?
K: I don't know. I wasn't there.
R: How am I supposed to know?
A: How am I supposed to know? I wasn't alive then.

6. How old is your mom?
K: 26
R: 29
A: 43

7. How tall is your mom?
K: shorter than me
R: 5'4"
A: 5'4"

8. What is her favorite thing to do?
K: Scrapbook
R: Scrapbook
A: Scrapbook

9. What does your mom do when you're not around?
K: Reads books and does laundry
R: Cleans house
A: Drives people places

10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for?
K: Super mega awesome scrapbooking skills
R: Cakes
A: Professional scrapbooking

11. What is your mom really good at?
K: Playing the piano
R: Cooking
A: Scrapbooking and making me feel better when I don't feel good

12. What is your mom not very good at?
K: Making herself clean house
R: Sports
A: Sports

13. What does your mom do for a job?
K: Take care of me
R: Professional mother
A: She's a mom and a chauffeur.

14.What is your mom's favorite food?
K: Cheeseburgers
R: Carrot Cake
A: Chocolate

15.What makes you proud of your mom?
K: She gets up early on Sundays to play piano for church.
R: She's gorgeous!
A: She directs children's choir musicals.

16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be?
K: Miss PIggy
R: Wilma from the Flintstones
A: Tweety Bird

17. What do you and your mom do together?
K: Read books and watch JAG
R: Have nice talks
A: Drive around

18. How are you and your mom the same?
K: We like to read.
R: We are both intelligent.
A: We both like reading.

19. How are you and your mom different?
K: She can't draw and I can.
R: I'm athletic and she's not.
A: I like dogs and she doesn't.

20. How do you know your mom loves you?
K: She acts like it and gives me hugs in the morning.
R: She tells me.
A: She tells me.

21. What does your mom like most about your dad?
K: His dashing good looks
R: His eyes
A: Everything.

22. Where is your mom's favorite place to go?
K: Upstairs to her scrapbook room
R: Kohl's
A: Home or the beach

9 comments:

Bartley Family said...

How super cute! Love the pics below too. You are truly blessed with your great family! Miss you.

Barb said...

Those girls definitely know you. Rebecca nailed the question about your age. I'll admit, the Miss Piggy comment puzzled me. Where did that come from? Overall, very funny.

Michele Davis said...

haha! This is so fun and funny! I think my mom is gonna post one on facebook soon! I think it'll be pretty funny!

Melissa said...

I've got mine done except for Michael, so no guessing when I'll get it up. Aaron even did it and it was completely hysterical.

It's funny how age is showing through on these. Evan answered very much like Abigail - straightforward - very accurate. With advanced age, comes a little sarcasm laced with the truth and sincerity. Or have we just trained the older ones well in the art of sarcasm (oh yeah...and truth and sincerity too). I love 'em all. We really are blessed with great kids. (Although we may have to deduct a few love 'em points for Katherine for the Miss Piggy thing.) In fairness, I think that question was difficult for most kids. (You'll see what it did to poor Aaron when I finally post mine.) Michele and Evan answered the same thing on that one in separate "interviews" - hmmm. Funny stuff.

Genny said...

Yes, the kids were most confused by the cartoon character and really didn't know what to say. When I asked for clarification on the Miss PIggy answer, Katherine said, (backpedaling madly) "No, I didn't mean that! I mean, well, you know....you're prissy!"

So, I'm prissy and overweight. Nice.

Melissa said...

Well she does dress nice...?...I think...you know, the whole pig thing kind of clouds the issue, but I think she does....

Anonymous said...

too funny...and very accurate, Miss Piggy notwithstanding, of course.

Anonymous said...

I haven't enjoyed anything as much as this in a long time. Each personality of the girls was so obvious. I have to admit I'm a little slo-w-w about the age thing. I thought, "Surely Abigail is not the only one who knows her mother's age!" But then I remembered the "29 thing". Speaking of age...I keep getting Medicare junk in the mail! I'll be how old? ;-/

Genny said...

Dear Anonymous,

Not old enough for Medicare! : p