Saturday, February 2, 2008

Singing the Word

Ever have one of those days where you just "randomly" open your Bible, only to have a "Wow!" moment? Happened to me this week during one of those "I need to read my Bible" mornings. Since Wednesday night, I had been singing, over and over, the words to "Hear Us from Heaven." They were on continuous repeat in my head. And, where does God send me on Friday morning? Isaiah 35! Note verse 5: "Then will the eyes of the blind be opened and the ears of the deaf unstopped." The very words from that song. Then, further down in the chapter, verse 10: "and the ransomed of the Lord will return. They will enter Zion with singing; everlasting joy will crown their heads. Gladness and joy will overtake them, and sorrow and sighing will flee away." Can you sing "Let There Be Joy?"

What a great reminder that we are not just singing words and notes, but the very Word of God. And, may it dig into our brains, and always be on continuous play in our heads, as well as on our lips.

1 comment:

Peas on Earth said...

So very cool! The words challenge me, too, to consider how often we really do "cry out in desperation" to God. In my life those have been the times when God was most real and most powerful in and/or despite my circumstances.