Wednesday, February 6, 2008

One Car Forward, Two Cars Back

Can I just say that I am not real happy about living in Fort Worth today? Due to traffic "issues" I sat on McCart for 10 minutes trying to get to I-20. Then, another fender bender on the way... Needless to say, we were late for school. (I wonder how many "I'm sorry Rebecca was late today due to traffic" notes I've written?) Then, as I'm exiting to drop the girls off, a police car and 2 fire trucks pass -- going the other way, of course. This only serves to improve my mood as I know that I will be sitting on the freeway headed west as well. And, for some reason, the longer I sit, the madder I get. Hmm...it's no wonder I have anger issues. I HATE SITTING IN TRAFFIC!

Whew...thanks. I just needed to get that off my chest. I'm done now.

6 comments:

teresa said...

I don't see how you do it! Being in that kind of traffic makes me so nervous. I know there are advantages to living in the city, but those advantages would have me broke and fat!

Peas on Earth said...

Perspective: Remember Joe and Amelia Lee now in Singapore? She told me yesterday that the quarter-mile bridge from Singapore to southern Malaysia is very crowded with people commuting to work. Sometimes it takes 3 hours to cross that quarter mile bridge!!!

That said, you know, CLPS is a lot closer - and Altamesa would let you avoid the freeway altogether ....... :-)

Genny said...

Yes, well, I'll leave it to you, Sharon, to convince my kids to change schools.

Paige said...

I feel your pain. Have you read my entry about trains? And, I didn't mention the 3 firetrucks that were also there. But, at least I'm not driving to dallas anymore!

Barb said...

Yeah, my one-mile commute to work is very nice, and reading this post made me count my blessings. Unfortunately, I don't know if there's a solution to your frustration, other than moving to Arlington, and I would be opposed to that!

Bartley Family said...

Genny and Paige - I'm staying away from you b/c you both have obvious road rage issues. Actually, I can relate - I HATE Hulen and at 5:00 on the way home from work, I get a little edgy myself with people who need not be on the road b/c they are IDIOTS! Whew - I feel better too now. Happy Driving!!!