Tuesday, February 12, 2008

20 Dresses

Imagine my surprise (and delight) when Rebecca said she wanted to wear a fancy dress for the True Love Waits ceremony at church this week. I'm pretty sure that girl has not worn a dress since she was about 6 years old. Of course I would love to insert a photo here of her at that age, but that was back in the old days when film had to be developed and not just retrieved from iPhoto. So, in lieu of the fact that I don't want to dig out a scrapbook, scan the photo, etc., etc., you'll just have to imagine how cute she was.

With trepidation, we hit the mall last week. I was determined to find that girl a dress. As those of you with girls know, it is almost impossible to find a modest, presentable "church" dress to wear these days. Everything is either "too little girly" or "too big girly," if you know what I mean. So, we began...too big, too little, too shiny, too pink (say it isn't so!), too this, too that. At the end of the night, the death toll was 20 dresses. It was quite a stack, let me tell you. Of course, Rebecca would not let me photograph her in any of the "NO" dresses. And, we did find one that is really beautiful. Check back later in the week to see, for the first time in almost 7 years, Rebecca Holmes in a dress!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the pics. Wish I could see it "live".

Barb said...

I'm sure Rebecca will be beautiful in her dress. And I'm so proud of her for doing this ceremony and commitment. Can't wait to see her in that dress too.

Peas on Earth said...

I can't wait!! Rebecca, you go girl!! (Enjoy your feminine side, but don't go gettin' all soft on us, ya hear?!?) :-)

Paige said...

can't wait to see her!

Penny said...

John went straight from school to church. I had Rebecca drop off clothes for him to change into. On the way home last night he asked the question, "How come I had to wear a tie?" I replied, "In case you wanted one." To which he responded, "You mean it was optional?" The look on his face would have been worth pulling the picture out and scanning it for the blog, but that would have required I had the camera out and took a picutre. Oh well maybe next time.

Barb said...

Anxiously awaiting the pictures... Rebecca did look beautiful.