Monday, February 11, 2008

In Honor of "Chocolate Day" on Thursday


As if I needed to eat chocolate to make my clothes shrink. I think food does that job fairly well all by itself. So, I don't consider myself CRAZY about chocolate. Not at all. I can take it or leave it. Most times. Well, some of the time. Unless, of course, it's filled with peanut butter, or almonds, or pecans, or...oh, never mind. Jeff this is your notice: DO NOT buy me chocolate for Valentine's Day. I don't need it! Flowers will be just fine.

4 comments:

Peas on Earth said...

I feel the same way about chocolate. I can take it or leave it. Most of the time, I take it. :-)

Actually, plain milk chocolate - yuck! But, I'm with you - add anything salty in there, and I'm on it. Or dark chocolate ... yeah, I could subsist on a good dark chocolate. And you know, they say one ounce of dark chocolate a day is actually good for you. Well, if it is that good for you, then more than an ounce wouldn't be bad would it ...?

Barb said...

Give me salty foods over chocolate anyday. Pickles, popcorn, french fries - all of these are much preferred to chocolate. But they have the same effect, making my clothes shrink too.

Anonymous said...

I agree, Sharon. Plain milk chocolate doesn't do much for me. Dark chocolate on the other hand - plain, full of nuts - doesn't matter - it's definitely good for me. And practically impossible to keep to an ounce. Whose bright idea was that anyway? That can't possibly be enough to do anyone enough good - a few more ounces should definitely be in order.

Bartley Family said...

You know, dark chocolate has been proven to be good for you. So, I say for Valentine's I should get dark chocolate - as a sign that Wayne wants me to be healthy.