Sunday, January 27, 2008

Snuggly Bunny

It was much too cold outside for Bubbles to spend the day outside on Wednesday, even though he has a wonderfully warm fur coat. Abigail brought him inside and spent most of the day in his fence, just playing with him and reading. He loved picking up the towels and getting them fixed just right around him. Of course, he also loved eating the towels as well -- one little nibble at a time.
At one point, he stretched out on Abigail's legs and
went to sleep. It was so cute. However, when I made
the slightest move to get my camera, he would
wake up and hop off.

After all this rubbing and attention, I need a bath.

Katherine and Rebecca came home and took their turns
playing with him. He curled up in Katherine's lap
and went sound asleep.

Did you know rabbits can sleep with their eyes open? We "googled" that because we all wondered. If their eyes are open, but their nose isn't twitching, they're probably asleep. Stay tuned for next week's bunny "fun facts." You'll never have to turn on Animal Planet again!

6 comments:

Peas on Earth said...

Very cute! I hear a rumor that this little bitty bunny can stretch out so that she measures four feet long!!!! (I don't believe it. Would you like to confirm or deny?) So,, can you guess who told me that? :-)

Paige said...

I always wanted a bunny when I was a kid..but sadly, never got one. Abigail, I have to come visit him!

Genny said...

Well...four feet, huh? Would that be from the bunny expert at YOUR house, Sharon? Mr. Jeff says that we could stretch him out to four feet, but the experience would not be a positive one for us or the bunny.

Paige, you are welcome any time.

Anonymous said...

hmm...
im pretty good with rabbits...
maybe you should get me one!!
i would prefer a brown one...

Barb said...

I'm sure Bubbles enjoyed his experience of living indoors - in the lap of luxury (no pun intended). =) I look forward to visiting with Bubbles again soon. Seeing all the rabbits at the Stockshow made me want to spend some time with him.

And please, DON'T stretch him to 4 feet!

Peas on Earth said...

Yeah, I want to come see this bunny, too! And my little resident veterinarian would love to come see him, too! :-) However, it wasn't my resident vet (or her brother) that gave me the pearl of wisdom about Bubbles stretching to four feet. Guess again. =)