Monday, January 28, 2008

Next in Our "Fun Animals" Series...

No, your eyes are not deceiving you. This is a picture of a grasshopper on a leash. Jeff took this photo on his recent trip to Peru. I truly cannot imagine an insect large enough to walk on a string. (What's more...my mind wonders about how big the cockroaches must be...shudder...)

The second photo compares the grasshopper to a very large man's hand. Jake is around 6 ft. 8 inches, I think. I did notice how nicely the bright fuschia string contrasts with the lovely green coloring.

It's interesting how we compare tall/large things with the Amazon, i.e. She's an Amazon! Actually the Yagua people in the Amazon Basin are very small. I'm thinking the Amazon referral must be talking about the bugs!

3 comments:

Paige said...

Wow! That's why I went to the resort part of Peru, not the jungle.

Barb said...

That thing is huge! And leave it to you to notice the colors. Looks like a good combination for scrapbooking. =)

Peas on Earth said...

That thing rocks! :-)