Wednesday, August 14, 2013

We Have A Permit

My final driver -- you have no idea how good that feels to say/type those words. Not only am I not a fan of teaching a teenager to drive, the process of getting a permit is enough to kill you. Those of you on Facebook will have come along with me on this journey as I have sarcastically posted of my dilemmas with our government agencies.

In case you are not on Facebook, here are some examples...


Post #1
My head may or may not have exploded today when the guy at the Social Security office told me my daughter's (original, stamped) birth certificate was not good enough proof of her identity to get a replacement card. Ladies and gentlemen, one of our fine government agencies at work! — 

Post #2
I am happy to report that we now have 10 of the 12 required items for Abigail's learner's permit. No, we can't use the RECEIPT for the social security card. It must be the ACTUAL CARD. Of course you can't. That would be too easy. Two more weeks... If I would have known it was going to be this difficult I would have started this process when she was 12.

Post #3
DMV -- we're going in. I have all 12 required items, 16 proofs of residence, a batch of cupcakes for bribery and a vial of blood (just in case). If I'm not out by noon, they don't get the cupcakes. 

Anyway, somehow I've managed to keep my sanity through the entire process and thanks to my smart girl, the written test has been passed and she has an official State of Texas driver's permit. Now on the to the scary part --> DRIVING!

1 comment:

Barb said...

I'm not sure whether to be excited or scared!